motion' is pretty nice, but it needs some tweaks to the base Ubuntu/Jaunty running the DreamPlug.
- Enable the motion daemon.
sudo emacs /etc/default/motionand set
- Allow for non-localhost access to the web interfaces.
sudo emacs /etc/motion/motion.confand change the lines to match:
- Create the default directory to hold the jpg and swf files.
sudo mkdir /tmp/motion && sudo chown motion.motion /tmp/motion
- Restart the motion daemon.
sudo /etc/init.d/motion restart
- Fire up a browser and point it to the DreamPlug's port 8080 (say
http://morpheus.local:8080) and then follow the link to
list. From there you'll probably need to set
- Now look at the video on port 8081 (say
After a while of it running, you don't need the browser to be on the page, take a look in /tmp/motion to find all the JPG images and SWF 'movie' files. Eventually I'll probably change the directory to live on one of the USB disks...