Saturday, October 18, 2003

East Rochester NY high school graduating class of 1982

The East Rochester High School librarian/district webmaster sent mail yesterday asking folks to update their contact info on the updated website: http://www.erschools.org/district/alumni/index.php

I dug out my old Gagashoan yearbook and here is a list of East Rochester, NY High School Graduating Class of 1982:

If you found this page by googling your name, drop me some email. I'd love to hear what you are up to. marc@nozell.com

Douglas R. Ahern
Cassie Kiyono Titman
Mary Felice N. Tochelli
Lori Vandervoort
Craig Venette
John J Walzcyk
Karen Woodcock

It will be interesting to see if anyone from the class finds this page when googling their name.

UPDATE: See: http://nozell.com/blog/2007/01/09/new-erhs-alumni-website/

25 comments:

1. Linda Q. SchornsteinSeptember 17, 2004 at 9:45 PM

Kinda surprised me to find me!

ReplyDelete
  2. Marc, what's up?! I accidentally found your site while performing a search for someone else in our class. On a side note; as I perused your site I noticed that you have a serious tendency to back some serious political losers. Just kidding!!

Take care,

John

ReplyDelete
  3. Wow counting all of us we will have 6 people at the 25 year reunion, What the hell I'm in.

ReplyDelete
  4. I found this site looking for John Kyle. Now that I found him, I find him to have grown into a pretentious prick. "I found your site, perusing and performing" , Nozell was always cool to me seeing how we always sat close to each other in homeroom. Konopski got married because of me, he got divorced because of Wally Ott. Bingo became a cheerleader...go figure. I see Dezio in Marion...home of the Champions. I had no idea Linda Quenell was in our class..which makes me a pretentious prick. I will only go to a class reunion if I have a shot at Marie Leone...which reminds me...I saw Karen Lazio...I was visiting her Country Club..I will come to a reunion if Argento and Bingo do a Cheer for Herman.

ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I guess some of you didn't notice the "Just kidding!!" at the end of my comment. I didn't realize that some of us had become so sensitive in our old age. If I offended anyone, I sincerely apologize. I meant no disrespect. Like I said, I was JUST KIDDING. As for Pagano; I like how you judge me based on one comment made in jest. Talk about pretentious.

6. Mr. Kyle,

Tom Pagano bases his judgment on KNOWING YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL, like we all did! But to quote you: "You know me, I don't have anything against anyone!" Yea right.

Anyway, we need to start thinking about a 25th, but I can't do it from Texas. Who is "up there" that can take this thing and run with it? Dave D. Will help. What about you Pagano? A "pepper pot" like you should be able to take care of all of it on your own!

Where's Tim Sullivan in all of this?

Someone let me know!!!!

Pullano

aka jp

7. A while couple of months ago I received this sad news about Randy McHenry:

Hello, I was just passing some time today and Googled my friend Randy's name just to see what came up. I'm not sure if you are aware, but Randy passed away 12/29/05 following a valiant fight against Leukemia. Randy and I were very close friends these last 6 years and I really miss him. He talked about his High School years a lot and living in Rochester. I can't tell you how many times we looked at Real Estate listing on line for homes in his old neighborhood. He was an incredibly strong man and a very good friend. With kind regards to all those that knew him.

I replied with a few scanned images from the 1982 Gagashoan of Randy.

Senior Picture

Swim Team group photo

Varsity Photo

ReplyDelete
  8. I am so very sad to hear that Randy McHenry is lost to us. He lived near me and we played together all the time when we were little kids. We had a play wedding ceremony at which Jeff Paris presided. Then the rest of the neighborhood gang pulled us down the street in an old red wagon. Randy was always nice -- even to us girls. The neighborhood changed when the McHenrys moved away, and I'm sure that Randy's community during his adult life suffered a similar loss when Randy died.

9. Dave,

I think there is more interest than you realize. Unfortunately I live in Texas (since 1995) and am not able to do much (although through email and any other method, I will participate).

I know you were a key player last time we did this -- for our 10th.

Let me know what I can do to help.

jp

ReplyDelete
  10. I can't leave the site without saying a few words about Randy. he was such a gentle soul. John Kyle, Randy and I made a movie together one time for French class and had a blast doing it!

Randy was one of the better athletes we had in our class, although you wouldn't know it. He was fast and strong.

It makes me sad to realize that I never saw or heard from him again after high school ended and now he is gone. Usually I hear from my parents when such tragedies occur, but this one must have gotten past them.

I don't know how many of you know that Richie Storto also passed a couple of years ago. I believe that he died in a car accident, although I never got the whole story. Richie's mom passed away just a couple of weeks ago and the obit listed her as pre-deceased by her son Richard.

Let's do what we can to get together in 2007 to celebrate all of our classmates, living and passed.

jp

11. Lauri (Lausin) DammJanuary 15, 2007 at 4:10 AM

Hi guys,

Finally got a chance to read all your postings. That is really sad news about Randy McHenry. I remember him very well, especially from French class and watching him on the swim team.

I wish I could help with a reunion, but I think I live the farthest away here in AZ. I can't believe it's been so long since high school because it seems like yesterday...

JF Kyle: I'd love to hear from you - you were so thoughtful to call me when I was recovering from my liver transplant. Now I'm facing another one within the next 6 months.

I miss the closeness our class had - you just don't see that anymore. When I watch "Friday Night Lights" it kinda reminds me of our HS. Anyone else feel that?

Lauri

12. Mary (Scheg) EmilioJanuary 17, 2007 at 8:41 AM

Hello,

How nice to hear from all of you. I was unable to attend the 10th reunion due to me waiting for a kidney/pancreas transplant. I am happy to report that I did receive a transplant. My health is not the best but I do my best and I have a wonderful husband, friends and family for support.

I kept in touch with Randy for all these years. We spent a lot of time talking on the phone (since he lived in California). We did get to see each other on occassion. Randy's death has made a huge impact on my life. If there is a reunion, I would be willing to help plan the memorial for all our classmates that have lost their lives. I can be reached at:
    cemilio@rochester.rr.com

I will get in touch with Ginny Filiaci and see if she is interested in helping. When are you planning on having the reunion? Let me know.

Everyone take care. Hope all is well with all of you and your families.

ReplyDelete
  13. Hello to all! I would like to add a few words to the thread about Randy.

Quite a few years back, I got a surprise email that coincidentally arrived on my birthday. It was from Randy and he said that he would be visiting back home. Both Mary (Scheg) and I had a good time visiting with our long lost friend and catching up. I also had the good fortune of being able to visit Randy in California twice in the past 6 years. The first time, he was in great health despite being diagnosed with Lymphoma a few years prior. However, the second time, he was battling leukemia that was most likely the result of the treatment for lymphoma. My visit with him at the hospital was quite inspiring (and as Mary can atest to, was a result of an unusual coincidence). You could see the hope in his eyes despite all that he had gone through. To use a phrase from hockey - there was no quit in him. He was extremely positive and courageous and so kind to let me stay and visit with him. There was no anger in him, only peace and hope. When I start to dwell on little problems in life I only need to think of Randy (and Mary as well!) and remind myself of what is truly important in life. That was a gift he gave me.

As far as the reunion goes, I would be happy to help Mary with a memorial to our classmates for our next reunion. I can't believe we are already at 25 years! I would like to help more but don't see it being very likely with my current schedule. I apologize for not being more actively involved but it would be quite difficult for me at this time. I can certainly help with short tasks that can be done remotely. Let me know how I can help and if there is a date scheduled.

Kind regards to all,
    Ginny

14. Hey,
    Found this while looking for someone. I had heard about Randy... wow
    Randy was a great kid and you are right, very athletic. He will be greatly missed. I am living in Ontario, NY now.

ReplyDelete
  15. My God Google. It can haunt and hurt and God help us heal. Randy my dear friend I miss you. I wish you were here to talk to. I knew Randy from 1993 until his death.. We had planned on a visit in California in August and I was late. Randy and I spent so many nights talking about our dreams and goals for life when we were both at a point of starting over. I knew Randy when he moved to Dallas to follow his sister in to the computer reseller business. We were here in Dallas only a short time but in that time he became the brother I never had. I had the good fortune to spend New years eve 2000 with Randy and Sandy in CA. We sat up all night and said things we had never said to each other, and dialed old friends in Dallas. I know that Randy found true love just a few months after that new years eve night, something he had been looking for all his life. We so much tried to figure out the meaning of life and his death after so much triumph made me question everything. He would kick my ass for such doubts, he knew where he was going next and right up to the end had no fear. Randy, I finally opened that bottle of wine after almost 6 years of trusted care... after a few hours it was the best I have ever had. I'll never forget those nights watching the airplanes land sipping Guinness and planning out wonderful lives. You are an inspiration and a mystery. I can only hope that I see you on the other side. You changed my life in the short time we knew each other, and I think in another life we must have been brothers.

I will miss you the rest of my life. I only wish I could have got you to Le'Mis in time. John, thank you, you are a saint. Randy sleep well my brother, you deserve the rest and peace.

Scott

16. Laura Anderson RawlinsJuly 7, 2007 at 12:43 AM

Hello everyone

www.classreport.org

I am so sorry to hear about Randy. As many of you already know Rich
    Storto also passed away last year in a fatal car accident. It would be nice to plan a 25 year reunion and I would love to help but its going to be hard at this late date.. But we really need to do somthing. If we could get as many people as possible to register at www.classreport.org. And lets get this party started. I currentley have moved back to the ER area. I can be reach at Badhabits007@aol.com or at Laura Anderson Rawlins, 90 Washington road, Pittsford Ny 14534. Just stop by.. Would love to see all of you.

Mark this is a great blog thanks for e mailing me... 6 kids.. wow. John Kyle how are you??? Anybody else still in the area let me know.

remember to register at www.classreports.org

ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I'm only in your class because I graduated early; but if you'll have me, I'd be glad to help everyone get together. Our house happens to be a good party house, so if y'all can figure out a date; you're welcome here. There's space for tent camping out back, etc.

If you want a reunion this summer, though, you need to pick a date and get the word out! Can I help???

your little sister/classmate-

L

18. Pattie Merritt MagliazzoJuly 11, 2007 at 2:46 PM

Hey everyone,

I was shocked and sadened by the passing of Randy. Time passes us by too quickly. I was just in the Rochester area and talked with Laura Anderson at the airport. It's a shame that there wasn't anything planned for our 25th, but better late then never. I can help with e-mails or phone calls, but I am in Las Vegas now so it's little hard for me to do much. Contact Mary Ann DeCiantis Capuano at mcapuano@rochester.rr.com

19. Mary Ann CapuanoJuly 13, 2007 at 1:44 AM

I do remember hearing about Randy. I ddn't know about Rich. How sad. It makes us stop and think about life and appreciate what we all have. Life is too short and should be lived to the fullest. I too can help with the reunion. I don't know how much time I can dedicate with having four year old twins! I hope all is well with everyone and a reunion would be great to get to see everyone again.

20. Katherine McHenry MorfesisJuly 13, 2007 at 9:40 AM

Hi all,
    I am Randy's niece, I was missing him and decided to google his name just because I was thinking of him to see what came up. I was very touched that you all have such fond memories of Randy. It really warmed my heart to see that so many people are still remembering him.

ReplyDelete
  21. I would really like to hear from Randys family. I had the wonderful pleasure of getting to know Randy in California. I am just now finding out about this. We spent our 18 -20 age range together and had a great time. I am so sad. rward01 at hotmail . com.

ReplyDelete
  22. Today would have been Randy McHenry's birthday, he would have been 45 yrs old! Randy grew up 2 houses away from me in Forest Hills and he was like a brother. We had alot of good times but my fondest memory was spending the summer with him in Venice Beach California when we were 15 yrs old. I am glad to see and not surprised that I wasn't the only person that Randy had such a postitive impact on thier life. Glad to see alot of my friends from ER -see u ALL on Facebook soon

23. janice mchenry kochJanuary 12, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Hi, I'm Randy's sister and I just happened upon all this when deleting old messages. I don't know how I missed this, but it moves me beyond all my heart can hold that so many of you cared so much about Randy. He was my baby brother and the love of the family. I'm so happy to know that he touched you all in a special way. He is always with me. Maybe we'll see him again some day.

ReplyDelete
  24. did anyone know John V. Austin III???

ReplyDelete
  25. YES we knew John Austin. Where is he at these days? He would be amused to see the FB bunch from the old school.